by Pastor James Leak III, MA
Executive Pastor New Harvester International Ministries (N.H.I.M)
“Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet” (Isa 58:1, New International Version) was the voice from within me. A range of emotions from righteous indignation to bewilderment engulfed me as I watched the documentary “MAAFA 21”, and the apparent link between eugenics (the study of hereditary improvement of the human race by controlled selective breeding) and the systematic abortion of black babies by Planned Parenthood, formerly called the American Birth Control League (ABCL). At the conclusion of the documentary, I felt a call to action.
Studies of the shift in the abortion demographics from 1974 until 2004, and the purposeful location of abortion clinics in minority communities, corroborate “MAAFA 21’s” claims that black babies are a target of black genocide. According to a 2008 Guttmacher Institute study (ironically, Guttmacher was a eugenics supporter as President of Planned Parenthood between 1962-1974),“Although abortion rates have declined among all racial and ethnic groups, large disparities persist, with Hispanic and black women having the procedure at rates three to five times the rate of white women. In 2004, there were 10.5 abortions per 1,000 white women ages 15 to 44, compared with … 50 per 1,000 black women. That translates into approximately 1 percent of white women having an abortion in 2004, compared with … 5 percent of black women.” A Life Dynamics website reveals that Planned Parenthood operates the nation’s largest chain of abortion clinics and almost 80 percent of its facilities are located in minority neighborhoods.
A review of biblical history shows exploitation of the poor by leaders and elected officials to be nothing new. The U.S. government’s funding of Planned Parenthood’s diabolical plans invites God’s wrath upon our nation: “The leaders and the princes (elected officials) will be the first to feel the LORD’s judgment. … You have taken advantage of the poor… (Isa 3:13-14, New Living Translation). As a minister of the gospel, I am compelled to defend the poor from deceptive racism, and protect the innocent unborn in the womb. One of the sins that the Lord clearly hates is the shedding of innocent blood (Prov. 6:17, King James Version), which clearly fits the bill of abortion.
As ministers for the minority communities there is a two-fold strategy that we must employ to combat this genocidal atrocity; a preemptive one and a redemptive one. A preemptive strategy has three components:
- Preach and teach abstinence until marriage to our members. Rid ourselves of soft messages absent of sexual purity. No longer should we adopt the weak mindset of using condoms under the fallacy of “people are going to have sex anyway.” The Scriptures admonish us to flee fornication (1 Cor. 6:18).
- Teach black men how to take responsibility for their families. Most families today are headed by unwed mothers.
- Elect public officials who believe abstinence to be the most effective way of unwanted pregnancies. If there are no officials who believe our standards, we should pray harder for them, train up our own, or give no rest to our eyes until those in office begin to listen. No longer should we give in to apathy.”Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure…”(Amos 6:1, NIV)
A redemptive strategy has two components:
- The church should embrace the theology of pure religion, that is, we must care for orphans … and refuse to let the world corrupt us (James 1:26-27, NLT). A movement of adoption of unwanted babies should be promoted. Once these children enter the world, they will need our loving support.
- Lobby the state and national elected officials to protect the innocent unborn and defund Planned Parenthood. As taxpayers, we are unwittingly funding the annihilation of the innocent.
Eugenics. (n.d.). The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Retrieved February 15, 2010, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eugenics
Stein, Rob (2008, September 23) Study Finds Major Shift in Abortion Demographics.
Washington Post. Retrieved February15, 2010, from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/22/AR2008092202831.html